A unique and interesting internet experience.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Setting Record Straight

I've recieved complaints that my blog does not have enough written. So, I decided to write about something that really PISSES ME OFF!!! What is it, you ask? People who say the band Lynyrd Skynyrd is racist, thats what. I'll start by saying anyone who thinks that is an idiot, to say the least. Their songs consit of beautiful lyrics, such as those that appear in the song "Free Bird."

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be travelling on, now,
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see.
But, if I stayed here with you, girl, Things just couldn't be the same.
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now,
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I can't change.

Racist? I think not. There is also contraversy over the song "Sweet Home Alabama," in which Skynyrd takes a stab at Neil Young. All they actually say is "a southern man don't need him around." Thats not saying they hate anyone, just saying they don't need him. I'd also like to point out that one of the members of the band (Ronnie Van Zant) was BURRIED IN A NEIL YOUNG T-SHIRT!!! You don't get burried in the t-shirt of someone you hate. In reality, the two artists (who both have amazing musical talent) were friends and simply having a friendly "dissing contest." People who call it hate should be hog tied and pushed off a cliff.

As for the Confederate flag that the band often used as a backdrop in their shows, that's simply a symbol. 150 years ago, it represented states rights (which included slavery). Now, it simply represents the South as a region. It is NOT RACIST! Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you see it my way.







Ronnie Van Zant in a Neil Young Shirt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Waldo J. Cartridge said...

You actually wrote something. Wow. That's a big step for you and for Alex, who has been known to plagerize articles from Wikipedia.

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Well a awatstika is just a symbol

8:47 PM

 
Blogger Scanman said...

amen

6:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home