A unique and interesting internet experience.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Waldo fails to come up with a response

I left a comment on the Waldo Files which said the following:

You have no right to talk bad about something you don't know anything about. I can critique it because I saw it, but you can't because you didn't. I'm gonna repeat this comment until you admit that that's true.

He responded with the same thing he's been saying the whole time. He claims that I know nothing about his point of view. Well, I don't think that he knows anything about his point of view because he's not familiar with the Da Vinci Code. Let me give and example:

If I criticize the Bible without having read it, I have no argument because I haven't read it. I could read passages from it, but that would not be enough. I could accuse someone that they don't know anything from my point of view. They would simply have to respond with "you don't know what you're talking about, so how could you have an opposing argument?"

That scenerio is the same thing as Waldo's and mine. I realize that The Da Vinci Code is a work of Fiction. But to many people, so is the Bible. My final thought about the matter is: If you're going to criticize something, make sure you've read it or seen it or done whatever with it depending on what it is. If you don't do that then there is no hope you could argue against it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michard said...

Decent Post, but Da Vinci Code sucked as a movie and was awesome as a book...
-Michard

9:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home