A unique and interesting internet experience.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Big Lee's Favorite TV Shows

There are a lot of very interesting shows on TV this summer. Some funny, some dramatic, and some just plain weird. Throughout the summer, I found a couple worthy of a post.

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia is by far the funniest show of the summer. It's about four friends who own a bar in Philadelphia. One critic described it as "Seinfeld on crack." A combination of crude, witty, and bizzare humor make the show unique and very hilarious.





Another great show is America's Got Talent. Some consider it to be a rip off of American Idol. But there are a variety of acts on this show as opposed to just singing on American Idol. Not to mention, the producer is Simon Cowel, so he can't be ripping of his own show. Anyway, the show is a talent contest with three judges: David Hasselhoff, Brandy, and Peirs Morgan. And of course, the host: Regis Philbin. Some acts are good, some acts are so bad they're good. But its always entertaining to watch.





The Daily Show with John Stewart and The Colbert Report with Stephen Colbert have been around for a little while. But only recently have I started watching them regularly. This is because I am up late during the summer nights. Anyway, these shows poke fun at current social and political issues. Clever and quite humorous, these shows are a must see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scanman said...

you forgot 24! check out my new post

10:29 AM

 
Blogger Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Jon Stewart is the least funny person who has ever lived in the history of mankind. Dane Cook is funnier than him. I like George Clooney more than him. Colbert is very funny though, but Jon Stewart is not.

Speaking of 24, I watched the whole first season on DVD.

5:51 AM

 
Blogger Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Big Lee, you're accusation was as far from true as possible. I find Stephen Colbert actually very funny, and I know he is at least as liberal as Jon Stewart. In fact, I think he's even more liberal. I dislike (not hate) Jon Stewart because he is not funny. If I was liberal, if he was conservative, if he was my uncle, I would still find him extremely unfunny. He is a pathetic excuse for a comedian. His timing and style give me a headache. There is absolutely nothing funny about Jon Stewart at all!

I do however find famously liberal comedians like George Carlin and Stephen Colbert absolutely hilarious. They're actually funny.

2:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home